What Remedial Massage Treatments do we offer?
- We help people suffering from Pain, reduced Range of Motion and Mobility to feel better and move better.
- We focus on the whole body to find the cause of pain and dysfunction rather than just treat the symptoms.
- We use advanced soft tissue therapies to assist the body to heal and return to normal function.
- We educate clients to be proactive and teach self-care skills in our exercise classes.
- We use SMART ™ training techniques for performance enhancement and injury risk reduction to assist you to reach your full sporting potential.
We are specialists in the following massage treatments:
(Click on the link to see a detailed description)
What is Sports Remedial Massage?
Remedial Massage is the systematic assessment and treatment of the muscles, tendons, ligaments and connective tissues of the body. It is ideal to relieve chronic pain, improve posture, increase mobility and range of motion and enhance the wellbeing of the client. It may assist in reducing injury risk when incorporated with foam rolling and remedial exercise.
Alongside other health professionals, remedial massage can complement and assist rehabilitation by giving the client a freedom to move and reducing soft tissue tension and restriction both after injury and surgery
What is Deep Tissue Massage?
Deep tissue massage is a remedial technique suited for those who prefer more intense pressure in a regular massage, and who may be more heavily muscled. It involves the use of trigger point release, friction techniques, and manually moving tissue and muscles to release tension and restriction.
What is Pregnancy Massage?
Pregnancy Massage can help the mother to cope with the constant change in her body and helps relieve the discomforts of pregnancy such as a sore back, heaviness in the pelvic bones, leg cramps, and swelling of the ankles and feet.
Massage in the first 3 months of pregnancy is safe, but to keep baby protected, it is not recommended.
Potential benefits of prenatal massage:
- Reduced back & joint pain and better sleep.
- Reduced muscle tension, headaches, stress and anxiety
- Improved circulation and reduced oedema
- Improved oxygenation of soft tissues and muscles
Massage after birth and throughout the breastfeeding time can assist in post-delivery and surgical recovery and help manage back, neck and shoulder pain due to the postural challenges of feeding, holding, and carrying your baby.
It is recommended that you confirm with your Antenatal health provider (and your Doctor post –delivery) that it is safe to receive massage before booking your appointment.
What is Relaxation Massage?
Relaxation Massage is a gentle form of massage designed to relieve stress and encourage healing. It incorporates gentle and moderate pressures and slower strokes.
One of the immediate benefits of this gentle massage is a feeling of deep relaxation and calm. This occurs because relaxation massage prompts the release of endorphins – the brain chemicals that produce feelings of wellbeing. Alongside this benefit, blood levels of stress hormones, such as adrenalin, cortisol and norepinephrine, are also reduced, allowing the nervous system to calm and healing to take place.
Relaxation massage can be a special treat or the perfect way to unwind from stress and work. It can improve your quality of life through a freedom to move in a better range of motion. It makes the perfect gift for those special occasions.